Varicose veins on the legs in women are enlargements of the veins in the lower part of the leg, which are located on the surface.
Blood is stagnant in it and general blood flow is disrupted.
The disease is chronic, does not pose a threat to life, however, without supportive therapy, the disease can be complicated by dangerous conditions that cause death.
Marks on the lower limbs
Symptoms of varicose veins appear depending on the stage of the disease. The course of the disease is slow. The first signs seem invisible, the person does not suspect anything.
There are six stages of varicose veins:
- There are short legs, fatigue. Small veins appear in the legs.
- Edema in the legs lasts a long time, the vein pattern is obvious, and the swelling, fatigue is difficult to relieve, the cramps interfere at night.
- All symptoms of varicose veins at the lower end of the first and second degrees are accompanied by severe edema, characteristic in the evening. They are so strong that everyday shoes are very tight and look small.
- Tissue changes appear. Inflammation of subcutaneous fat. The venous node is clearly visible, it becomes dark blue, purple or black.
- All four degrees. This supplement is the formation of cured boils and scars.
- All signs of the disease are explained at another stage, but trophic ulcers do not heal and continue to bleed.
Are there any other symptoms of varicose veins?
More common signs of varicose veins do not occur in everyone. Often they are in intricate forms:
- vein patterns do not appear, but otherwise are almost invisible;
- manifestations of eczema, near damaged veins;
- vein thrombosis in the lower leg;
- abscesses that are difficult to cure;
- open bleeding in the legs.
Why is this disease dangerous?
The disease is considered safe, but if left untreated, it can lead to serious complications. It not only affects the feet, but also interferes with the work of other organs and body systems. What are the dangers of varicose veins - the doctor will tell during the consultation.
- Due to the strong blood flow to the lower limbs, blood circulation throughout the body is disrupted within the body. Pressure on damaged veins goes up and down on others. This leads to oxygen starvation. Tissue cells gradually die.
- Impaired blood circulation interferes with the removal of toxic substances from the body. They accumulated. Edema develops, scars and boils form on damaged tissue. In rare cases, this leads to the development of malignant tumors.
- Blood stagnation contributes to the development of thrombophlebitis and thrombosis. It is life threatening. Blood clots can rupture and clog blood vessels in the body. Causes a heart attack or stroke, immediate death.
Causes of appearance and prevention issues
The main cause of the development of varicose veins:
- hereditary factors;
- chronic obesity;
- heavy and prolonged load on the feet, wearing high-heeled shoes or tights;
- hormonal disorders in women. Increased estrogen reduces vein strength;
- edema during pregnancy in women.
For the prevention of varicose veins, it is recommended to limit the load on the legs, monitor weight. Get regular tests and undergo a medical examination.
If there is a suspicion of varicose veins, you should see a phlebologist. It is recommended to lead an active lifestyle, especially when working inactive, so that there is no blood stagnation. Change your posture periodically or get up and walk for a few minutes. A contrast bath will spread blood throughout the body perfectly.
Are psychosomatic important in the development of this disease?
Psychosomatic in the development of varicose veins in women is not a problem. The disease is not caused by a person's psychological mood, but is caused by physical damage to the body. Lifestyle, diet and heredity play an important role in the development of the disease.
How to heal?
For initial treatment, it is enough to adjust diet, exercise and use traditional medicine. To find out how to treat varicose veins on the legs in women with serious illness, consult a specialist. Probably drug treatment or surgery.
Methods of treatment
The method of treating varicose veins in women depends on the severity of the disease. In the early stages, before the formation of boils, conservative treatment is prescribed, the use of traditional medical methods is allowed, preventive measures are important.
With the formation of boils and the development of the disease, sclerotherapy is prescribed - this is the restoration of the walls of small vessels, laser freezing - closing the walls of larger vessels. In severe cases at risk of thrombosis, the vein is removed surgically.
Preparations for varicose veins are prescribed in the form of ointments, gels and tablets or in combination:
- Systemic venotonics. These include tablets based on herbal raw materials: horse chestnut extract, rosehip extract. As well as other medicines.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Prescribed to relieve pain.
- External venotonics. Preparations in the form of ointments and gels.
Recommended drug intake course as part of maintenance therapy.
For varicose veins in the lower leg, it is recommended to follow a diet. You need to eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Nutrition Principles:
- drink plenty of water or juice;
- include vegetables in food, they are rich in B vitamins;
- eat nuts, berries and cereals;
- add vegetable oil to the diet, it contains a lot of vitamin E;
- releasing alcohol and coffee, they thicken the blood;
- Eliminate fatty foods and fast foods from the diet.
Treatment with folk remedies helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and relieve pain, as well as improve blood circulation in the body. Basic recipe:
- Hop stew.Crushed cones are brewed and taken half an hour before meals 3 times a day. It is best to prepare a new broth for each reception.
- Apple cider vinegar solution.1 tablespoon of such vinegar is diluted in a glass of water and rubbed on their feet.
- Net.For the treatment of varicose veins, use a decoction 3 times a day before meals.
- Raw potatoes.Rub the tubers on a fine grater, apply the resulting puree on the veins and wrap with foil. Removed after 4 hours.
- Garlic with vegetable oil.Chopped garlic is mixed with oil in equal parts. The problem area is smeared with the mixture, wrapped and left overnight.
- Kalanchoe.Prepare an alcohol solution. Take 1 time a day before bed.
Folk remedies refer to additional measures that can accompany drug therapy with angioprotective and venotosing agents.
Varicose veins in men
Varicose veins are less common in men than in women. The main reasons: overweight, alcohol and coffee abuse, smoking, unhealthy diet, unsteady lifestyle, or constant heavy load on the legs. Usually the disease is mild.
In its development, varicose veins go through 6 stages.
The disease develops slowly, in the first stage it can be ignored.
This disease has hereditary factors, it is more common in women than men.
For treatment use: drug treatment, traditional medicine and surgery.